These clutches are free standing units with simple on-site alignment using customers flexible couplings on input and output shafts. No weight is added to the shafts of the driving and driven machine. We offer self-lubricated and pressure-lubricated encased clutches. The self-lubricating clutch has a self-contained oil supply and oil is distributed to the moving parts by the rotation of the output shaft. The pressure-lubricated clutch allows for higher speeds and torques than the range of self-lubricated clutches, up to 12,000 RPM. The lubrication oil system for the driving/driven machinery is normally suitable for clutch lubrication and there are single inlet and drain connections.
Options for self-lubricating clutches:
- Lubrication oil cooling may be required at high ambient operating temperatures.
- Self lubricated designs are available with white metal journal bearings.
Options for pressure-lubricated clutches:
- Monitoring equipment for bearing temperature and vibration measurement.
- Clutch engaged/disengaged switch operated by the sliding action of the clutch.
- Tilting pad journal and thrust bearings can be used for higher speeds.